Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A little random-ness

I know I haven’t been posting a lot lately, but part of that is because I’ve been working on redoing my entire blog.  It needs a makeover! I’m working on a new design to hold all the various topics I want to blog about, while making it easy to navigate.  It’s going to be spiffy when it’s all done!  So, I’ve been stalling on some of my posts so that I can put them on the new site.  I’m not sure when I’ll be done, but I’ll keep you posted. 

 

In the meantime, enjoy a few random pictures!

 

I think it’s time to clean out the coat closet!

This is what our coat closet looks like right now. 

2010-05-02 032

It’s Spring.  In TEXAS.  Only 3 of us wear coats.  One is too little and just gets wrapped in blankets, and the other has a God-given fur coat.  I think it’s time to pack some of these away.  Although, I do think we used most of them at least once during the winter this year since it actually snowed 3 times.  Still….too many coats!

 

It would be a little funny to see her go down the slide, wouldn’t it?

2010-05-02 026

 

 

What IS this? There were about 5 or 6 of these things growing on our Oak Tree.  Usually, all we have are tons and tons of acorns, but the other day Bug asked me to get down one of the “bubbles growing on the tree”.  Interesting.

2010-05-02 0522010-05-02 053 

 

Our pumpkin plant!

Well, sorta.  We threw a rotting pumpkin in the side yard last fall just to see what would happen.  Now we have sprouts!! Think we’ll have any pumpkins this fall?

2010-05-02 054

 

 

Garden Salad!

Bug has been growing lettuce in a pot on our patio.  A couple days ago she harvested enough for she and I to have salads with dinner.  Yum!

2010-05-02 055

 

Just for you!

Bug is always bringing me flowers (or weeds) from the yard.  My mom bought this for her to give to me.  Isn’t it the cutest thing?? I LOVE it!

2010-05-02 051

1 comment:

Meredith said...

When you find out what the thing on the oak tree is let me know, my parents tree had them also- on theirs you could see leaves coming out of them so i assumed it was some strange bud but our Oaks do not have them.
As far as the pumpkins go you might get one you usually have to have more than 1 variety so burds/bugs can germinate it to get it to actually produce a pumpkin. Hope you guys are doing well. We are having another big garage sale this weekend so stop buy if you need anything for either of the kids. Meredith