Saturday, March 13, 2010

What I love most about my Hubby

Last Sunday, Hubby & I were the designated “Spotlight Couple” in our Sunday School class.  That means we went up in front of the class to tell how we met, what we do, about our family, etc.  After we tell our story, a few people ask questions.  Sometimes people ask about how he proposed, or about the first kiss…things like that.  

One of our friends asked “What do you like best about each other?”

I struggled to come up with something that I could say in just a few seconds, as I knew we were running out of time.  As I finished, I felt incomplete.  There was so much more I wanted to say about why I love my husband.  So, I’m going to say it here.

 

Why I love my husband:

* He loves me.  Really, really, loves me.

* He loves God.  He reads God’s word, and seeks affirmations from the Lord before making decisions.  He leads our family in worshiping God, praying to him and learning more about him.  He is the spiritual leader in our home.

* He absolutely loves being a Daddy.  He loves cuddling with Bug, reading to her, getting down on the floor and being silly with her.  He enjoys time with her, and takes her on dates.  He has never, ever, complained about taking care of her when I need to go somewhere or do something alone.  In fact, he encourages it.  I pray I never take this for granted! I know so many women who don’t have that support from their husbands, or the dads feel like a babysitter with the kids.  I am so thankful that God gave me the perfect parenting partner for me.

* I love that he works with me to open our home to foster children.  That not only does he love being a daddy to his own daughter, but he wants to be a daddy to these other kids that need that role model.

* He is a hard worker with an awesome work ethic.  He works hard for our family to provide for us.  He works hard at whatever job he is working on, whether it’s mowing the yard, changing the oil, or doing work for one of his clients.

* He loves my family.  He gets along wonderfully with my mom & dad, and the rest of my family too.  I also love his family, and am blessed to call them mine.

* He is my biggest encourager & supporter in all I do.  If there is something I want to do, he does everything he can to make it happen.

* He enjoys going clothes shopping with me :)  In fact, he has great taste and is very helpful in picking out things that look good on me.  He even encourages me not to always buy what’s on sale, as that’s hard for me.

* He is a great cook! I love cooking with him, and we have so much fun working in the kitchen together.

* He looks great in jeans & boots :) The boots were a recent addition to his wardrobe, and hubba-hubba, I like it!

* He is a gentleman.  He still opens my doors, carries things for me, and calls me “bride”. 

* He truly completes me.  When I am too emotional, he is logical.  When I am too quick to make a decision, he helps me wait.  When I’m worried, he is strong.  We balance each other well, and make a great team.

* He is patriotic to the core of his being! He loves his country and the people that fight for it.   He votes regularly and puts great thought into the candidates that he chooses.  I highly respect that.

* He makes me feel safe.  In his arms I feel like everything is going to be ok. 

 

I love you, Babe!  You are the love of my life, and I am so thankful that God brought us together like He did.  I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Very sweet! You have a good man!