Saturday, March 13, 2010

Couch-to-5K ~ Week 4

I’m in Week 4 of my Couch to 5K program!  It’s amazing how much easier this has gotten along the way.  This last time I ran, I ran for a total of 16 minutes!  3 min jog, then walk 90 seconds.  5 min jog, then walk 2.5 min.  Then repeat. 

I ran 5 minutes in a row without stopping!! I literally jumped for joy and said “Thank you, Lord!” when I finished that!   I never, ever thought I’d be able to do this, but I am doing it!! God is good!


I’ll do similar days 4 more times, and then at the end of next week, I’m supposed to run 20 minutes in a row with no walking.  Wow.  I’m looking forward to getting to that point.

 

I’ve chosen my race, but haven’t officially signed up yet.  It’s on April 11.   Just 4 weeks away.  Intimidating, but exciting all at the same time!

 

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength! (Phil 4:13)

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I need this! Where do I sign up? lol