Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father’s Day!

What an awesome weekend!!
I am incredibly blessed to be married to my best friend.  He is not only a wonderful husband and partner, he is also an amazing Daddy!  He truly loves being a daddy, and loves spending time with his little girl any chance he gets!
This weekend, we had a special Father’s Day camping trip…right in our living room!  It’s Texas, and it’s hot, so we thought it would be fun to bring it all indoors.  It was a super fun time (and still is, since we’re leaving it up till the end of the day)!  

BEFORE & AFTER:
2009-06-20 031
2009-06-20 115

It was interrupted for a few hours in the middle of the night Friday night/Saturday morning when we had to take Bug to the ER because she was having trouble breathing and we were afraid her throat was closing up.  Turns out, she has croup!  A steroid shot in the bottom (OUCH!), and a cool mist breathing treatment later – she’s much better!  Still a bit sick and tired, but better!  Thankfully, I guess, we gave her Benadryl before heading to the hospital in case it was a weird allergic reaction, so she ended up sleeping through a lot of it and was able to remain calm the majority of the time.  That was a huge blessing!!



Back to the camping trip…
We played games, did some reading, worked on a wooden puzzle, had fun with glow-in-the-dark sticks, and just enjoyed time as a family!  We ate all our meals in the tent, cooked Pop-Tarts over a camping stove, ate watermelon, and even had our own version of SMORES!  The smores were ‘fondue’ style – dip the marshmallow in melted chocolate chips, then dip in crushed graham crackers – Yum!  All while enjoying the conveniences of air-conditioning, indoor plumbing, and the microwave :) 
2009-06-20 035 
2009-06-20 039
2009-06-20 053
2009-06-20 060
2009-06-20 068
2009-06-20 047
2009-06-20 127 2009-06-20 125

R even got to sneak in some quiet reading time while Bug and I made breakfast for him.  Chocolate waffles, scrambled eggs and bacon!
 2009-06-20 114

And of course – PRESENTS!  We did them a day early because Bug insisted it was Father’s Day already :) 
First, an original drawing of Daddy’s favorite animal!
2009-06-20 181

Then, from Mommy & Bug, a framed collage (click to see it enlarged!)



R,
You are an amazing man, and I am so honored and blessed to call you my husband.  I love looking at our little girl and seeing so much of you in her.  I love seeing how much she loves her Daddy, and I hope and pray that when she grows up she marries someone just like you.  Thank you for loving God, and for loving us, with all your heart!  Thank you for working so hard to care for and provide for our family.  Thank you for always making time for us.  Thank you for working together with me to be the best parents we can be, and always working with me to learn more about how to do so.  Thank you for allowing God to be the 3rd strand in our marriage and for always leading our family in learning more about Him and looking to HIM for guidance. 
I look forward to raising Bug with you, to all the experiences & adventures that God will bring us, and to being married to you for the rest of my life!
I love you with all my heart!  Happy Father’s Day, my love!
Love,
Stacy

1 comment:

Nat said...

Aww... how sweet!! You always do the most creative things. And I love the collage you made for Rob - I stole your idea and used that poem with the pool picture that I posted in my journal. Richie loved it - thanks!

~Natalie (LifesADance on OLU)