Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

I don’t know why I was blessed to be born in America, but I am so thankful to God that I was.  Yesterday, we had the honor to go see a traveling replica of the Vietnam Wall that was displayed here in Dallas.   R and I had been to see the “real” one in Washington D.C several years ago, but this time we were able to take our almost 5 year old, Bug, with us and explain just a little about what Memorial Day means.
We told her it was a special day that we all remember the people that served in the Armed Forces (we said Army because that’s the one she knows well), and served to protect our country’s freedom as well as the freedom of other countries….but have now died.  Some killed while they were working, and others years later.
She was interested in her own way, and asked a lot of questions.  We welcome any opportunity to instill patriotism and honor in our children.   She knows that Daddy was in the Army, and that he is an “alive veteran”.  I am so proud and honored to be married to a man that was willing to serve his country.
Last night, just like every single other night since he’s been gone, she prayed for our dear friend “Mr. Brian” to be safe as he serves our country.  I hope someday she realizes what a sacrifice he, and so many others are making….and have made.

 2009-05-25 030 2009-05-25 032 2009-05-25 037 2009-05-25 039

No comments: