Saturday, July 10, 2010

50 days…50 states

P7040001 - Copy

In just 50 days, my husband will once again be a full time soldier.  I will, for the first time, be an Army wife.  My husband will be serving our country…all 50 states of it.  The adventure begins in just 50 short days for him.  First, he’ll spend about 5 months in training learning his new MOS (job).  I will carry on here at home, keeping things squared away until the end of his training period when we find out where we will be moving.  Then, our whole family will be starting a new life together.

I’m excited.  We are all excited.  I try to check in with Bug from time to time about this, in case she needs to talk.  Yesterday, I asked her how she was feeling about Daddy getting ready to leave soon.  She said she was “happy, excited, and proud of him!”.  She knows she’s going to miss him, and she’s sad about that part, but she is so excited and proud of what he’s doing!  She is getting to see such an awesome example of following God’s calling and obeying him.  She is learning about sacrifice.  About how important it is to help our country.  About putting others before ourselves.   I think it will be an amazing time for her.  I know it won’t all be easy on any of us, but it is what we make of it, so I plan to make the best of it all.

I know these next 50 days are going to go by fast.  It seemed like it was only a few days ago that we said we had 100 days to go.  I want to cherish every day I have left with my Hubby before he goes.   I love him so much, and I am so incredibly proud of what he is doing.  I know it involves our whole family, but he is the one that will be out there doing the work each day. 

It was this exact time last year that we made the decision to join the Army.  Or re-join, for Hubby.  Now, here we are a year later and moving forward.  It’s really happening.  It will be interesting to see where we are this time next year.

No comments: